Biomedical Data Solutions recognizes that human capital is its company's scarcest resource and therefore our people are our most valuable commodity. We understand that our success is founded on recruiting, building and maintaining the right blend of talent, motivation and leadership. Our mission is to attract and engage the best talent and retain them long-term.
Junior Business Developer
When we can go back to the office will be working a couple of days in the Midlands (Burton upon Trent) also you will travel regularly to other parts o
- Business Development / Commercial
Junior Business Development Specialist United Kingdom & Ireland
Biomedical Data Solutions are a biomedical software company whose products are used in diagnostic laboratories across the world, our parent company Total Specific Solutions (TSS) is looking to broaden UK and Ireland company portfolios. We have a vacancy for a Junior Business Development Specialist to identify prospects in the United Kingdom & Ireland. The Business Development Specialist represents the front-end of the acquisition process: mapping and analyzing the English-Speaking vertical software market, extending the pipeline of qualified M&A leads and getting in contact with prospects. The Business Development Specialist reports to the Manager Business Development. Day-to-day cooperation will mainly be with a 2nd M&A team based in Spain.
The ideal candidate is analytical but at the same time has very strong communication skills. He/She possesses basic financial literacy.
When we can go back to office you are willing to work a couple of days in the Midlands (Burton upon Trent) also you will travel regularly to other parts of the UK & Ireland.
- Business Development Specialist who likes teaming, but can also excel on his/her own
- Self-starter who can work independently to achieve objectives (team and individual ones)
- Interest in or knowledge of IT and software
- Genuine interest in people and companies (highly developed conversational skills)
- Commercial skills and sales affinity. Able to establish contact with new parties.
- Basic knowledge of (key) financials and annual reports
- Experience with (online) research
- Excel understanding is an asset.
- Able to combine and process different pieces of information from different sources to determine whether a company fits our investment profile
- Grow our prospect database in The United Kingdom & Ireland by identifying vertical market software companies meeting our acquisition criteria
- Initiate outbound prospecting calls, email and social media communication to identify and connect with target companies
- Use Marketing and CRM data to build relationships with key stakeholders / decision makers
- Follow up on outbound and inbound prospect activities in a timely manner
- Conduct sales development best practices to connect with and qualify prospects
- Track activities and manage relevant information in Salesforce
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management or Accounting
- 1-year experience in Business Development role or in commercial roles.
- Some experience in call center or outbound sales calls is an extra asset.
- Native English speaker or high proficiency level (C2)
- Willingness to travel to Spain and Netherland for training purposes 1 or 2 times per month.
What we offer:
- Attractive compensation package, including competitive salary and bonus opportunity
- Minimum 0,8 FTE (remote work is possible)
- Opportunity to grow into a more outbound role, participating in prospect meetings, visiting trade shows, etc.
- Be part of a result driven and ambitious (M&A) team with colleagues that like to work hard, strive for the best but also celebrate success together
Are you the one we are looking for?
If you are looking for an opportunity in a fast-growing company, evolving in a dynamic environment and you want to learn, I invite you to email your CV and your cover letter in English to Manuela Raatgerink (Manager Business Development). If you have any question about this vacancy you can contact Manuela per mail: M.Raatgerink@tss-vms.com.
About Total Specific Solutions
Total Specific Solutions (TSS) is a leading European provider of IT business solutions and consists of independent business units that deliver products and services to their specific vertical market segments. We combine the knowledge and experience of the market, business, and software specialists. TSS is active in the verticals of healthcare, local and central government, financial and legal services, accountancy, agriculture, automotive, construction, education, hospitality, manufacturing, maritime, mobility, real estate, and retail.
Together, the TSS companies represent a unique combination of specialist knowledge of various vertical markets, business processes, and high-quality software. We are constantly focused on adding value to each of our verticals by finding, acquiring, and growing great companies.
TSS is part of Topicus.com Inc, a public company listed on the Canadian TSX Venture Exchange. Topicus.com Inc is part of the ecosystem of Constellation Software Inc (CSI), a global provider of vertical business solutions.
Our focus is on customer service, product innovation, quality, and technology. We believe in perpetual ownership; we never sell the companies we buy. As a result, we maintain long-term relationships with all our companies.
Through the TSS Academies, we provide all colleagues with the tools and knowledge to continuously improve and update their skills. Knowledge travels through people. We are convinced that our people make the difference!
Apply via email